Monday, December 7, 2009

The Holidays and Books

Meow~~

ello ~~ The holidays are one of the best times of the year :D It's basically when I can finally sit back, relax and oversleep once in a while :D I LOVE the hols~~ lol and during this holiday I have a reason to be happy... it's basically coz...

I have awesome books to read!! :DD ~~~ Happy happy happy happy happy ~~~

A loud shout out goes to my awesome friend Jojo for lending me the first 5 books in the Pendragon series. He got me interested in the fantastic world of Halla and the adventures of the Travellers so if anyone wants a good series to start readng I highly recommend the Pendragon Series by D. J. MacHale :)

Lol speaking of books... why are books in Malaysian bookstores so expensive??!! Is it because they import books from other countries? Shipping costs? Taxes? What are their excuses?? It's not really fair :( Pfft... at least second-hand bookstores are okay :)

Before the holidays started my school held all these different competitions with Mph book vouchers as prizes. Glad to say I won RM50 through 2 competitions (Scrabble and Speech competion). So yesterday I went to Mph to buy the 6th book in the Pendragon series (hehehe Jojo lent me the first 5) and maybe a couple of others but I could only buy 2 books with a RM50 Mph gift voucher =.=, I even had to add in RM 3!! The books I bought were Pendragon Book 6: The Rivers of Zaada by D. J. MacHale and The Fall by Garth Nix. I love all types of books but fantasy is one of the best :D ~~ <3

Even though the currency is like x5/6 books in England are MUCH cheaper than they are in Malaysia. When I went to England I brought back over 20 books coz I got them at really good prices. During the weekends, the carboot sales at different places sell all sorts of things and hold great books for you to take home :DD I kid you not. Once I got 3 books for 50p because the owner just wanted to get rid of them. In Malaysian ringgit, that's RM3 :D And the books look great, not at all like second hand books... good deals eh?

Getting back to Mph, euuggghh... some people are just so rude! They go to a bookstore, pick up certain books, read (I don't mind that), block the book shelves, (aren't you being a bit rude?) and then (OMG) THEY DAMAGE THE POOR BOOKS! They break the spine, ruin the book cover and spoil some pages in the book :( grrr.... that really ticks me off :( Its so annoying and sometimes there's only a few copies of a book so you're forced to buy bad books. (Thank goodness the books I bought are okay) :D

Well that's enough for tonight. Maybe if I have more thoughts to share I'll blog again in the future :) Facebook's so boring nowadays coz no one responds to anything I do. Whenever I chat with someone I suddenly blurt out random things. hehehe I'll post those random stuff in the future too :D

Hobey-Ho!! ~~

*~~~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment