Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Thoughts on the Holidays

Hey everyone!

Happy Chinese New Year to those who celebrate it :] Hope you all have fun in the Year of the Tiger... it's a bit late.. lol... but I'll say it anyway, Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Hmm... I know 14th of February is widely celebrated as Valentine's Day, but I don't really believe in it. But sometimes your opinion on it differs how you look at it. It's quite commonly known that it's just used as an excuse for people with low confidence to ask other people out as their "valentine". It gives them a boost somehow.

It's also the day the florist and the chocolate stores to make their highest profit or for A CERTAIN INTERACT CLUB IN A CERTAIN SCHOOL to make money :]

eheheh... those who go to my school will know what I'm talking about. Quite honestly, the roses and chocolates were too expensive for the amount supplied. I had to share the cost with my awesome friend to buy the gifts...

p.s. Yes, I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. The roses were all for my teachers because there wouldn't be another time to show them how much they mean to me. I didn't give them roses for the sake of Valentine's day, I gave it to them because they're awesome :]

Someone told me it's like celebrating your birthday, you're dedicating a whole day just for the one special thing. Well yes, that makes sense somehow, but I still think love should be cherished and celebrated everyday instead of just one day in the year. It's more special that way :] <3>

But like I've said before, your opinion on Valentine's Day depends on how you look at it. Even if I don't like it, some people might think otherwise. Well it's really up to them I guess :]

"I don't need roses or chocolates on Valentine's coz I celebrate love everyday :P"
-Written by... me :D lol, seriously... it was once my facebook status...

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment