Monday, February 8, 2010

My totally awesome poem!!!

On Friday during English class the teacher wanted us to write a poem. He said it could be about ANYTHING!! :D Yay so I came up with this... it's a bit long but... ENJOY!!

We started as strangers without a second glace,
Then we got off on a bad note not exactly friends,
Before I left for two weeks to go overseas,
We finally made it and was sort of at peace

When I came back nothing was the same,
That was the start of the horrible game,
We were continuously laughed at, teased and deceived,
It was really intense for a great number of weeks

Despite all that we got along quite well,
Sure it was difficult but it was swell,
I was so happy to be friends with him,
But as time flew by our bright light started to dim...

We were good friends then went on to being close,
But he stayed that was for only ten minutes the most,
Silence barges in every time I have something to say,
So when I can't do it, I painfully walk away...

When the new term started it was like when we met,
The crowd had quietened and the stage was set,
So I put up a strong front but shatter inside,
I smile and laugh when I just want to hide...

So from stranger to okay friends to being really good,
Then from good to being close you could see from where I stood,
It cuts me deep because I just couldn't believe,
My friend blew me away like the ocean breeze...

No matter how brief I'll never forget our memories,
They may have been short but were usually sweet,
I think about them and they make me smile,
So I won't lose hope and wait for a while...

I still believe one day we can make amends,
I still believe one day we can go back to being friends,
Forgetting the bad and starting again,
No cold shoulders, just warm light,
That's what I wish for in the darkness of the night...

Hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment